Slip discs are caused by lifestyle changes and sitting in the incorrect posture for long periods of time. Five percent of the country’s population has a mild or severe slip disc issue. A slipped disc occurs when the region near the disc protrudes from the outer ring as a result of damage or weakening. This can be quite painful and inconvenient. It becomes quite difficult to sit and bend as a result of this pain.
Discs are shock and pressure-absorbing plates that are implanted in the spinal cord. Backache is frequently misunderstood as a slipped disc, so it’s critical to know the signs and symptoms of this problem. Please understand the signs and symptoms of this condition, as well as treatment options.
Disc slippage symptoms include:
1. Slip discs can affect any section of the spine, although the lower back is the most probable location.
2. Always one area of the body is affected by slip disc discomfort.
3. There is pain from the hands to the feet as a result of this discomfort.
4. Difficulty rising from a sitting position and walking.
5. Muscles show signs of weakening.
Because of a slipped disc:
Slip discs are more common as people get older, but they can also happen at a young age as a result of a bad lifestyle and poor posture. People with weak muscles, smokers, and heavy lifters are more likely to develop this issue.
What can you do to avoid a slipped disc?
1. Be cautious while carrying big objects if you wish to avoid this problem.
2. When lifting big weights, bend your knees rather than your back when doing so.
3. Control your weight if you want to avoid slipping discs.
4. Avoid sitting in the same position for extended periods of time. It’s a good idea to switch up your posture every now and again.
5. Improve your diet by adding more vitamin C, D, E, protein, and calcium.
6. Strengthen the muscles in your back, knees, and abdomen.
Credit – Komal Sharma