Yes, it is common practice to hoist the national flag, also known as the Tiranga, on Republic Day in India to symbolize the unity and diversity of the nation.
According to the Flag Code of India, the national flag can be hoisted on all government and private buildings on national holidays such as Republic Day. It is also common for individuals and organizations to hoist the national flag on their own property, such as homes and offices, to show their patriotism and respect for the country.
When hoisting the flag, it is important to follow the guidelines specified in the Flag Code of India, which includes rules for the proper display, handling, and disposal of the flag. The flag should be hoisted on a flagpole or mast, and it should be hoisted from sunrise to sunset unless it is illuminated during the hours of darkness. The flag should be hoisted briskly and lowered ceremoniously.
It is also important to ensure that the flag is not disrespected or used in any manner that would be considered derogatory. It is also important to ensure that the flag is not allowed to touch the ground, floor, or water and that it is not flown during inclement weather.
It’s worth noting that the flag code of India is not just a set of rules but also a reflection of the respect and reverence that we as citizens of India have towards our national symbols, including the national flag. Hoisting the flag on Republic Day is a way to pay tribute to the country, its Constitution, and its people, and to show our commitment to the values of democracy, secularism, and equality.
In conclusion, hoisting the national flag on Republic Day is a common and patriotic practice in India, and it is an opportunity for citizens to show their respect and love for their country. However, it is important to follow the guidelines specified in the Flag Code of India and to ensure that the flag is displayed, handled, and disposed of in a dignified and respectful manner.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Why is there 3 years gap between Independence Day of India and Republic Day of India?
- What is the significance of Indian Republic Day?
- What are some things everyone should know about India’s Republic Day?
- How can we celebrate Republic Day?
- What does the Republic Day mean to India?
- What is it like to be a member of a parade battalion at Rajpath on Republic Day of India?
- Who is the first woman to parade on the Republic Day of India?
- What are the unknown mind-blowing facts of Republic Day in India?
- Why is January 26th called Republic Day instead of the Constitution Day of India?
- Which gallantry award is awarded by the Government of India and given on the day of Republic Day?