The first woman to march on the Republic Day parade of India was Flight Lieutenant Bhawana Kanth. She is the first woman fighter pilot of the Indian Air Force (IAF) to lead an all-men contingent at the Republic Day parade. She led the IAF’s motorcycle display team “Sherdils” on January 26, 2021.
She was one of the first three women fighter pilots of the IAF, who were commissioned in 2016, alongside Avani Chaturvedi and Mohana Singh. Since then, she has been part of many important operations of the IAF and has also been a part of the IAF’s aerobatic display team.
This was a historic moment as it was the first time that a woman fighter pilot was leading an all-men contingent at the Republic Day parade. This also symbolizes the progress and the empowerment of women in India and also the women’s participation in the defense forces.
It’s worth noting that India has been taking steps to increase the participation of women in the defense forces and to provide equal opportunities for women in all fields. This move was a big step in that direction and it was also a way to pay tribute to the women who are serving the nation in various capacities.
It’s also worth mentioning that the Indian Armed forces have been taking steps to increase the participation of women in combat roles, and this move was a symbol of that progress. Women have been serving in various capacities in the Indian Armed Forces, including in combat roles, but their representation in combat roles has been low. In recent years, the Indian Air Force and the Indian Army have opened up a few combat roles for women, such as fighter pilots and paratroopers, and this has been a step towards providing equal opportunities for women in the defense forces.
The move to have a woman fighter pilot lead an all-men contingent at the Republic Day parade was also an important moment for the Indian Air Force and for the nation as a whole, as it symbolizes the progress and empowerment of women in India and their participation in the defense forces.
It was a moment of pride for the nation and for the Indian Air Force and also for the women in general and also for the women serving in the defense forces. It was also a moment of inspiration for the young girls and women, who aspire to join the defense forces and to serve the nation.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Can We Host A Flag In India On Republic Day?
- What is the significance of Indian Republic Day?
- What are some things everyone should know about India’s Republic Day?
- How can we celebrate Republic Day?
- What does the Republic Day mean to India?
- What is it like to be a member of a parade battalion at Rajpath on Republic Day of India?
- What are the unknown mind-blowing facts of Republic Day in India?
- Why is January 26th called Republic Day instead of the Constitution Day of India?
- Which gallantry award is awarded by the Government of India and given on the day of Republic Day?